Thursday, October 26, 2006

Unannounced Chinese Essay Writing Contest...

I had a shock after knowing that today's the chinese essay writing contest. To a lot of people, this was just another painstaking job... Why do I make a great fuss out of it? I'll tell you why. I promised myself that I would bag the silver or gold medal this year...

Anyway, the topic of today's composition is... uh... Interesting... for people... like me... hehehe. The topic goes like this: HOW WILL I STUDY MY LESSONS IN HIGH SCHOOL or something liek that... At first, I told Lourdes that this is one heck of a topic. i mean, compared last year, this was much more difficult. Last year's topic is about the COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS TO SJCS. Of course, I had a lot to write, because I was "mad" at the "school" at that time. (sorry...) I put all my thoughts in that one piece of white paper...

Back to the topic. I told myself after panicking, "It's no use to panic now. Why not start working on it?" Then, I had the laugh of my life! This topic is perfect for me! All the experiences I had in my 16 years of living... This is not a complicated topic after all!

Now, I would like to share some of the topics I wrote this morning...

Third year lessons... it's not that hard. To tell you the truth, studying is much more easier compared to working. What makes it hard is the way people think it's hard. It's all in the state of mind.

a. Interest (Sing4 Qu4) : We, students, must have interest towards our studies. This is one of the most essential part in learning. If one has interest towards the topic, then his entire body is filled with energy to do that task. A pile of books may seem like friends that gives knowledge. But, if there's no interest, the pile of books may seem like a pile of trash, waiting to be disposed.

b. State of the mind (Jing1 Shen2) : People part of our history tells us that early to bed + early to rise = healthy body. They also said that morning is the best time to study. I myself have experienced this. I stay in front of the computer longer than staying in my bed. That's why I have huge panda-like eyebags. When the classroom is silent during a discussion, it means one thing... FRANZ IS ASLEEP. Important details do not always appear in notes. It comes from lectures! Don't believe me? Then wait. I'll show you my valentine report card. That's the product of being irresponsible.

That's all I've got to share. I managed to come up with two pages. No surprise there. My dad could write 800 Chinese characters in an essay and have it published in the editorial. Hehehe.

I dream to be like him someday, a Chinese geek... Hey, it's not bad to dream, right? What's most important is that those dreams were put into actions so that they could be fulfilled. Dreams do come true if one works for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephie said...

Hay nako!!! Sure win ka naman honey!!! hahaha!!! =)

Thursday, October 26, 2006 1:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home